- "OR" ist the standard operator, i.e. if you enter two words,
you'll find any page that contains either of the two.
- AND: If all entered words must be found on a page, prepend
each word with a plus sign.
- NOT: If one of the words should not be on a page, prepend
it with a minus sign.
- String: If a string of words should be contained on a page
exactly as entered, put double quotation marks around it.
- Wildcards: Not needed. Parts of words will be found anyway,
so a search for "and" will also find "England".
So be careful what you ask for.
- Plural: A search for "corset" will also find "corsets",
but not the other way round. Better search for a singular.
- Spelling: This isn't Google. If you search for "color",
you'll miss "colour". With a few exceptions (e.g. quotes),
British spelling rules apply.